Saturday, June 1, 2013

What's blooming now?

It's June, and time for summer flowers ...


Here are some shy shady green bloomers, back by the patio.




And of course at least one weed. Here, clover.



Patio pots.



The last of the allium and chives ...


Iris.


More pots.



The new garden.


Dianthus and sea thrift, hens and chicks,


and peony.



Tomatoes!



Foxglove.



And down at their roots, begonia.


Almost ready to pop -- mountain laurel.


And, the mystery bush. One of my next research projects.




3 comments:

  1. I noticed your post on old door latches, my house was built in the 1830's I believe. Two of the door latches still are in use very similar to yours. I was wondering if you could post a photo of the complete door front & back so that I can compare the number of panels etc. I'm in Penna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - All of my doors have four panels and they're all exactly the same in construction, though of different sizes. I'll go around and photograph a couple of them in the next few days, but for now, you can see a photo of the front and back of one of them at the very top and very bottom of an old post: http://lifeatpugsley.blogspot.com/2013/05/blake-style-thumb-latch-hardware.html

      Delete
    2. Hi again - I have written the post on doors, as promised, showing several whole doors. They are all four-panel. http://lifeatpugsley.blogspot.com/2013/07/more-old-doors-1830s-interior-four.html

      Delete