Thursday, July 25, 2013

What's blooming new?

I went out early Sunday morning, just as the sky was lightening and the Cleomes were covered in bees. By the time I decided to get my camera, there weren't as many. I wish I could convey the early morning peace of the bees shifting magically here and there and their slight undercurrent of buzziness.


The last two day lilies bloomed for the first time a week or so ago, and I keep meaning to post photos. This is Aabachee. It's got an elegant, recurved form. For more about this variety and the others I put in this year, see my Crazy Daylily post from July here.




This is Daquiri ...



And here is a tall drink of a plant called Bonariensis, a kind of a verbena, that came up from seed and has only just bloomed ...


And, the first Dahlia of the year


No comments:

Post a Comment